20 Country Songs to Help Honor Dad This Father’s Day
My husband is an open book when it comes to his feelings. Try as he may, Jay is incapable of hiding from me how he genuinely feels inside because the music he listens to reflects whatever mood he’s in at that particular time.
It wasn’t long after I told Jay he was going to be a dad that I started hearing him play and hum along to songs that were all focused on the same subject...fatherhood. My husband was so excited as was I because I knew what an amazing dad he was going to be.
If your dad or husband has a big heart and you're still trying to figure out the perfect gift to give to him for Father's Day this Sunday, what about digging up old photos of the two of you or of the kids, scanning them into your computer and making a digital home video for dad, using one or more of these songs as the soundtrack? I bet he'd really love it!
1. George Strait - The Best Day50 Number Ones
2. Brad Paisley - He Didn't Have To BeWho Needs Pictures
3. Kenny Chesney - There Goes My LifeWhen the Sun Goes Down
4. Darius Rucker - It Won't Be Like This For LongLearn to Live
5. Trace Adkins - Just FishinProud to Be Here (Deluxe Edition)
7. George Strait - Love Without End, Amen20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of George Strait
8. Lonestar - I'm Already ThereI'm Already There
9. Craig Campbell - Family ManCraig Campbell
10. Lonestar - My Front Porch Looking InFrom There to Here: Greatest Hits
11. Rodney Atkins - Cleaning This GunIf You're Going Through Hell
12. Tim McGraw - My Little GirlReflected: Greatest Hits, Vol. 2
13. Brad Paisley - Anything Like MeAmerican Saturday Night (Bonus Track Version)
14. George Strait - I Saw God TodayTroubadour
15. Rodney Atkins - Watching YouIf You're Going Through Hell
17. Johnny Cash - A Boy Named SueThe Essential Johnny Cash
18. Mac Davis - Watching Scotty GrowThe Best of Mac Davis
19. Trace Adkins - You're Gonna Miss ThisTrace Adkins: Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 - American Man
20. Holly Dunn - Daddy's HandsHolly Dunn
20. Chris Stapleton - Daddy Doesn't Pray AnymoreTraveller
20. Billy Ray Cyrus - Ready, Set, Don’t GoHome At Last