Delaware County COVID Vaccine Access To Increase With State-Run Pop-up Clinics
Rural areas in New York State have been challenged during the COVID-19 pandemic when it comes to providing residents with access to vaccines. Delaware County, because it's a large, mostly rural county, has especially been challenged with most clinics taking place in Delhi since that's where Delaware County Public Health is located.
According to Delaware County Public Health Services, Delaware County is about to get a helping hand from New York State after being one of six counties across the state to receive additional assistance from the New York State Department of Health in providing access to COVID vaccines.
The help will be in the form of pop-up vaccination clinics that will be state-run and staffed by members of the state department of health and the national guard. These will be on a smaller scale but similar to the state-run COVID clinics we saw previously on certain college campuses across the state, like the one that was held at SUNY Oneonta last spring.
The Delaware County Clinic Sites and Locations
- In Sidney at the Elks Club at 104 River St. on January 7th, 8th, 28th, and 29th from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- In Stamford at the Catskill Veterans Outreach Center, 56 Main St. on January 14th, 15th, February 4th, and 5th from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- In Hancock at the Hancock Central School Bus Garage, 619 West
Main St., Hancock on January 21st, 22nd, February 11th and12th from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Who can participate/vaccines offered
- Aged 5 through 11 can get the pediatric Pfizer vaccine (1st, 2nd, and booster shots)
- 12 and older can get the Pfizer vaccine (1st, 2nd, and booster shots) NOTE for those 16 through 17: this group IS eligible to receive the Pfizer booster shot if they were vaccinated at least 6 months ago
- The Janssen/ Johnson & Johnson vaccine is also available For those 18 and older (1st and booster)
Walk-ins are welcome at any of these clinics and for those who would like the convenience of an appointment, you'll be able to register online next week through the Delaware County Public Health Facebook Page.
For more information call DCPH at 607-832-5200.
Here's something fun to check out...